** UPDATE ** Electronic things I've owned and wish I never got rid of #9

** UPDATE **  NOW RECLAIMED!  Sony MZ R501 Personal recording minidisc player



** UPDATE **  NOW RECLAIMED! 

I bought a semi working condition mzr-501 and some blank minidiscs for a tenner.


I got this free with a Sony HiFi - taking the Network walkman to OZ didn't pan out, so I used MiniDiscs with this instead. 

It was actually a pretty nice player, the only annoying thing was the LCD isn't backlit, making it pretty hard to use on those long overnight coach trips around Australia.
It still feels good inserting a Minidisc, having something tangible that contains music instead of a pixelated list of files or album covers. The robustness of a cassette tape with the quality of a CD, I think it's the best of both worlds personally.

Comments

Popular Posts